Monday, March 11, 2013

Pictures & People

This project would be ten times easier if I had a license and a car. Its so hard to convince my mom to drive me places and if I had a license I would probably just drive around randomly until I found something interesting to take pictures of.

I'm still not done reading the book I've been reading since the beginning of the project. It has been teaching me a lot about the ins and outs of my camera and what settings to use for what pictures. It has a wealth of information in it, so I will probably finish it in the coming week. All the pictures I took were not on auto, but I was manually controlling the settings. (Except for the focus- some were manual and some were automatic...but I am still learning how to focus manually.)

The weather was better this week, and I went out a couple of times. Taking these pictures I almost got attacked by a squirrel that was coming down from a tree. I wish I would have seen it sooner because then I could have gotten a pictures. I don't really like these pictures turned out but I thought I should post a couple of them anyway.


The shape of this tree is so cool...


I tried to get an artsy picture of the birds nest but it was high up in the tree so it didn't really work. 


I'm not sure why this picture was like this, that was not how the lighting was when I took it so I don't know if I like it or not. 

Something I really wanted to do was take pictures of a person but I had no one to model for me. Thankfully, Chloe let me take pictures of her. That was....interesting. I really like the way the pictures came out, and I would post more, but these were the few Chloe approved.


This one is my favorite out of the ones she approved, there were so many more! 



The only picture where she is smiling...


We both really liked this one, especially because it brings out the blue in her eyes. 


There's something fascinating about this one. I like it, but I wonder how it would look if the house was not in the background. 


Molson "smiled" when we called his name to take pictures of him. What can we say... he likes the camera


Can you find Chloe?



Molson is too cute!


For next week, I want to take pictures of buildings and have a subject with life in the background. It will be a challenge not only taking these pictures, but finding a good location to take them!

4 comments:

  1. As the subject of some of these photos, I have to say they came out much better then I would have expected. the whole process was kind of uncomfortable and I can tell the rest of your readers that to capture even one picture of me smiling that I'll approve of is impressive! So good job Kara!! But, as the subject of these pictures I also saw how difficult it was to capture the "natural" image you were going for partly because of the difficulties and time it took when manually controlling the camera. I would recommend just practicing setting up for a picture to try and quicken your pace when using a human model. Overall, nice improvements and I'm siked to see what you can do when you take pictures of a less awkward model :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KARA! You're photography is starting to get really good! I love all of them, especially the ones with Chloe in them. The one where her hair is falling down the wall is so creative and artistic. The two where she is with the tree are really cool too, (rule of thirds!! Hahah Mrs. Brasch would be proud!). I like how each week you are keeping a theme going, and I'm really excited to see where this takes you. I'm wondering if you are going to work on editing any of your photos soon? The pink plant one looks edited even though it isn't, which is actually super cool! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are some amazing photos! Outdoor photography has been challenging, especially for me because I can never find an angle with good lighting. I especially love the one you took with Chloe in the tree. As you've probably seen, I'm doing photography too, but I choose not to do any portraits, and after seeing these I kind of regret it. I agree completely with the driving and stuff; it's a pain not being able to explore a wider area. But I guess it means we have to be more creative :)

    ReplyDelete