Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The REAL Last Post!

My presentation could have gone better. I was a lot more nervous than I thought I was going to be and I think that had a big impact on my project because you could tell that I was nervous. My projection of my voice and tone of it was not how I wanted it to be during some parts of the speech because I was stumbling over my speech (during parts of my speech it made it unclear of what I was saying). Now that it's done with, I think it was really dumb for me to be as nervous as I was but now I can consider it a lesson learned!

I was happy with my powerpoint, because it was quite simple and allowed the audience to focus on me, without the powerpoint being too distracting. It had a few pictures to support what I was talking about and it allowed me to display my final products throughout the presentation. It was busy enough to convey my meaning but not distract the audience members. However, I tried to interact with my powerpoint by pointing things out on the screen but that did not go too well.

In terms of the TED commandments, I broke quite a few. I read off my note cards way too much, but the problem was I was nervous so I was improvising and then losing my place in my speech, so I became flustered because of that. I wish I would have practiced my speech more and given it to an audience beforehand. As for timing, I don't know how long my presentation was. Practicing it, it fluctuated between 4:45 and 5 minutes, so I am hoping it was close to that time and I didn't end up talking too fast.

I'm taking of two points for looking off of my notes cards too much and it not being refined.
I'm taking off one point for the projection of my voice and clarity within it.
I'm taking the last point off for the TED rules I broke.

So, in the end, I  give myself a 26 out of 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment